Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trouble

I did the driver's side speaker tonight, but decided to do the passenger tomorrow morning. I'm using the directions in the sticky post for the camaro. I've got the Alpines.

When I turned the volume up to the speaker there was a good bit of distortion. Does this mean I hooked up the tweeter wires to the mid bass and the mid bass wires to the tweeter? If i did, thank God for the capacitor.

Thanks in advance.

If i did this wrong, I'm gonna have to retake the door apart!!! The toughest part...
Old 05-26-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

volume is quite low also
Old 05-27-2004, 07:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Front speakers

Originally Posted by Abidar
volume is quite low also
I replaced my front speakers last week and used a set of Autobaum speakers with the removable tweeters. The tweeters screw into the center midrange and have there own wiring that made it easy to install them. If you cut the wires at the speaker connection on your factory speakers you should have
a set of short and long wires connected to the factory plug on the plastic speaker housing. The long wires will hook up to the tweeters and the short wires will go to the connections on the mid range. Hope this helps.
Alan
Old 05-27-2004, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

thanks, thats what i did... i guess i was just playing them too loud