Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire Input

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Input

Just bought an 00 SS, and the stock tires on the front are Goodyear Eagle F1's. They're still the original tires, which means they've made it 32k miles before going bald.

I'm probably just going to buy another set of these same tires, because I don't know crap about tires. I would like peoples opinions on how good the stock tires are.

I'd also like to know if people have suggestions on another type of tire that I could look into. My car is my daily driver, and it's going to be staying stock. If I do anything at all it will be a new lid and cut-outs and that'll be it.

I plan on taking my car to the track some, but it's not going to be an every week thing, whatever tire I get I want to do well at the track but that's not the only criteria I have. I want a tire that I'll get around the same lifetime out of as the stock ones, or as close as possible to that.

Basically what I want to know is you gusy know of another type of tire that would fit on my stock rims that will perform better/last longer/ than the stock Eagle F1's without costing that much more.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ru2n00n3er
Just bought an 00 SS, and the stock tires on the front are Goodyear Eagle F1's. They're still the original tires, which means they've made it 32k miles before going bald.

I'm probably just going to buy another set of these same tires, because I don't know crap about tires. I would like peoples opinions on how good the stock tires are.

I'd also like to know if people have suggestions on another type of tire that I could look into. My car is my daily driver, and it's going to be staying stock. If I do anything at all it will be a new lid and cut-outs and that'll be it.

I plan on taking my car to the track some, but it's not going to be an every week thing, whatever tire I get I want to do well at the track but that's not the only criteria I have. I want a tire that I'll get around the same lifetime out of as the stock ones, or as close as possible to that.

Basically what I want to know is you gusy know of another type of tire that would fit on my stock rims that will perform better/last longer/ than the stock Eagle F1's without costing that much more.
I loved my Toyo proxes...... Those were for my 16" rims though..... I believe they make 17s with that tire though. They have a bit of a shorter life but they're alot cheaper than f1s. I was pretty happy with all-around performance. Wouldn't want to drive on them in snow though, but i wouldn't want to drive my car in snow anyway. The tires I just ordered for my new 17s are Kuhmo Ecsta Supras.... Also, cheap with a bit of a shorter lifespan. The other suggestion I'd have would be a set of Yokohama tires. Don't remember which kind I had originally but they were phenomenal all-around tires. Wet, dry, cornering, the whole lot. They were much more of a touring tire though, not nearly as aggresive as the toyos, kuhmos, or the f1s.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much are the stock 1's? Honestly, after my incident (tire just came off the rim while cruising. Bead broke) I'd be scared to ride on the stock F-1's The sidewalls are realy flimsy. Check out the Eagle GS-D3's. They are 10 times better.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

I was quoted at Discount Tire as $245 a peice for the Eagle F1's on my car.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

I'm also keeping my stock rims, so I need something that will fit on them.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

The GS-D3's are cheaper. Get em. Way better tire. You won't regret it. They are on backorder everywhere but I found a place (Just Tires) which got them fore me in 3 days here in MD.