Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

twist tite hose?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default twist tite hose?

Working on plumbing a stand alone fuel cell for spray. Was planning on running all stainless line with an fittings. I saw the twist tite hose and fitttings from summit and they area lot cheaper than stanless( hose and fittings). Are these any good? Will they pass tech? Any input is appreciated. also has anyone used them for trans cooler lines
Old 12-11-2014, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Do not use push-lock type hose/fitting on transmission cooler lines. They will come off. The transmission fluid heats the hose and the pressure pushes the hose off the fittings. I've witnessed this happen I don't know how many times, resulting in wrecked cars and several fires.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Ok, But stainless line will work though? If so Ill just go stainless for all of it. Ill have to buy a 20 ft piece for the trans cooler anyway
Thanks
Old 12-11-2014, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WE TODD DID
Do not use push-lock type hose/fitting on transmission cooler lines. They will come off. The transmission fluid heats the hose and the pressure pushes the hose off the fittings. I've witnessed this happen I don't know how many times, resulting in wrecked cars and several fires.
Strange! Both the hose and fittings are rated for oil use and 250# pressure. I've had push-lok's and #10 hose from my GN V6 engine oil pump thru a dual spin-on remote filter (and back) since 2001 and never had any problems with it. That's 80# cold pressure and 220° hot temp...
Old 12-12-2014, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Strange! Both the hose and fittings are rated for oil use and 250# pressure. I've had push-lok's and #10 hose from my GN V6 engine oil pump thru a dual spin-on remote filter (and back) since 2001 and never had any problems with it. That's 80# cold pressure and 220° hot temp...
You'll probably never have any trouble with it on the engine. Transmission fluid coming out of the converter going to the cooler can get very hot. The hose is usually rated somewhere around 300*. When it gets hot, it softens and has a tendency of losing it's clamping load on the fitting. The stainless hose is rated at the same temperature I believe, but are a little better suited because of the style of fitting used. Ideally, a teflon lined hose with crimped ends is what you would use on transmission lines. If I had a real high horsepower or fast (et wise) car, that's what would be on it.

Last edited by WE TODD DID; 12-12-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the input, More I think about it I may just have some hydrolic lines made up. Would cost maybey 20 bux over stainless but it would take heat and be crimped

Quick Reply: twist tite hose?