Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Looking at a C5 Zo6

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a C5 Zo6

Well guys, I have owned the SRT8 300c for 5 years now and my daughter is finally getting big enough to sit in the front seat. As I drove around looking for a 392 Superbee today I happened across a yellow Zo6 Vette. I pulled up, the hood already popped and engine running for another customer. The car obviously has a cam (MS3?) with headers and cold air. Couldn't see the cast numbers on the heads but it is an 04' with 60,000miles. Few style cues I did not appreciate but nothing I could not undo and improve on. No real info on the previous owner, and the dealership is small - kinda rinky dink. The sales staff and manager know nothing about what cam it has or if it has a clutch upgrade etc etc. Nonetheless, considering I have a work truck, and a second car driving a stick Vette may be manageable for a while. I was considering driving it mainly to see if I can find any reason they are only asking $18K for this car. Blue book is over $20K. Any advice on things to look for that may indicate problems more commonly found on a vette or specifically a Zo6 that could otherwise be easily overlooked? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 12-13-2014, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

They most likely know more than they are saying and realize that because of the mods it narrows the market for a sale. You may want to take it for a few test drives just to make sure of check engine lights or any other quirks that you may overlook the first drive because it's fast.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start it, clear all the codes from the DIC. Then drive it for a long test drive, and pull the codes again BEFORE shutting off the key.
This will give you an accurate picture of any codes it carries.

Don

Quick Reply: Looking at a C5 Zo6