Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need a little more help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need a little more help...

I installed both speakers. Pretty easy actually. I put the door back on, when the car is running the passenger speaker distorts BADLY. That's only with all the sound going to that speaker. When the fade/balance are set in the center, I can hear almost no volume from that speaker. When the car is off the speaker still distorts but not nearly as much.

Do my connections suck? What have I done wrong? The other speaker works fine now.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Abidar
I installed both speakers. Pretty easy actually. I put the door back on, when the car is running the passenger speaker distorts BADLY. That's only with all the sound going to that speaker. When the fade/balance are set in the center, I can hear almost no volume from that speaker. When the car is off the speaker still distorts but not nearly as much.

Do my connections suck? What have I done wrong? The other speaker works fine now.
Make sure that you connected the red short red wire to the positive on the midrange and the black one to the negative. Also make surethat the speakers are mounted very tight to the base plate. The way the rim is sometimes you don't get the speaker bolt tighten down. I had to remove my speakers and bend the rim out a little in order to get a socket on the bolts.
As far as your connections if you just twisted the wires together you need to either solder them or use some electrical terminals.
Alan
Old 05-27-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

The problem was actually the tweeter, so i simply just didn't hook it up. sounds fine to me. The with the stuff I listen to, it doesn't even matter. I think it actually sounds better without the tweeter... No distortion, no nothin, problem solved in my book.