Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC lock up thump/vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default TC lock up thump/vibration

Its a 2005 silverado, the original transmission went out at 43k miles and it was rebuilt by a local aamco. Its at 92k now and its started a vibration when the torque converter locks. Its like a thump as if you hit a small pot hole. it does it as it engages and disengages but its not every single time. Its not my truck and I've only driven it once but he says that it will sometimes vibrate for 3-4 seconds as it locks up. I've read online that something in the valve body causes it (tcc valve maybe) and some said torque converter. Anybody got any ideas? Change fluid and try some shudder fix or is their a common thing to change to fix this?
Old 12-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this bad with my 2002 Yukon. I think you're right about valve body fix needed. My torque converter shudders like no tomorrow at about 1300 RPM.

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
Its a 2005 silverado, the original transmission went out at 43k miles and it was rebuilt by a local aamco. Its at 92k now and its started a vibration when the torque converter locks. Its like a thump as if you hit a small pot hole. it does it as it engages and disengages but its not every single time. Its not my truck and I've only driven it once but he says that it will sometimes vibrate for 3-4 seconds as it locks up. I've read online that something in the valve body causes it (tcc valve maybe) and some said torque converter. Anybody got any ideas? Change fluid and try some shudder fix or is their a common thing to change to fix this?
Old 02-16-2016, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 Yukon 2500 xl doing the same thing . around 2500 rpm I can let off or give it more gas and it will stop . does anyone know how to unplug the tcc valve with out getting into the trans

Quick Reply: TC lock up thump/vibration