PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

messing with custom tune (Predator)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default messing with custom tune (Predator)

got a custom tune from DiabloSport and although I haven't dyno'd it seems to be running great. Of course, I had to see what would happen if I "fine tuned" some things. I added about 2% PE and 4% spark and now the car seems to be running rougher. Is that possible - would i notice such a relatively small adjustment or is it all in my head????
Old 05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have to remember it is in percentage, so a small cahnge now might be larger than you think, especially if it pushes you over the edge.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also had the same experience and would also like to know if that is bad. I add an outlaw octane boost to about 4 gallons of 91 octane, raise the PE to 5% and the timing to 3% and the car feels rougher. I have been wanted to test and tune but its hard enough to get your best time the first time with that same tune before you change the tune and retry again. So many factors that its almsot impossible. What I am gong to do in 2 weeks is take off the tune completely and run. On the 2nd run, download the diablosport tune and then the 3rd adjust the parameters how I want and see which one is best.