General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LOWEST cost, pre-made, EGR block off plates?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LOWEST cost, pre-made, EGR block off plates?

I FINALLY want to dump my EGR system, and I have NO tools/facilities to make my own out of plate steel/alloy/etc.

Who makes the least expensive (like NOT the Hawks Third Gen high buck ones) pre-made versions of these, and do they come with gaskets or not??

I cannot find this info with the search.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cut the end off of the egr valve to use the base connection as a press for a piece of metal. I've literally seen coke cans used for it.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Cut the end off of the egr valve to use the base connection as a press for a piece of metal. I've literally seen coke cans used for it.
Thanks, if I cannot find anything I will do just that.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

For the egr on the headers i cut the ends off the egr pipes also, and just welded the center. Used the stock bolts and i did it when i got headers so my header gaskets came with gaskets for the egr too so i used them. Dosent look the best but it works. Ebay also has them in aluminum for under $20 pretty sure sponsors on here also sell them
Old 02-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

I got mine off amazon. the intake egr plate has LSX engraved on it. looks cool. I think I payed around $30 for egr and air pump delete
Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nickshookie
For the egr on the headers i cut the ends off the egr pipes also, and just welded the center. Used the stock bolts and i did it when i got headers so my header gaskets came with gaskets for the egr too so i used them. Dosent look the best but it works.
Thanks, but I wanted to keep all of the pipes/equipment intact just in case I ever have to put it back on for inspection, sale to someone who wants a 50 state, emissions legal car, etc.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by josephholtinsurance
I got mine off amazon. the intake egr plate has LSX engraved on it. looks cool. I think I payed around $30 for egr and air pump delete
Thank you.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

http://www.speedengineeringlsx.com/1...aders-cut-outs

They have them and they are a sponsor.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Thanks, but I wanted to keep all of the pipes/equipment intact just in case I ever have to put it back on for inspection, sale to someone who wants a 50 state, emissions legal car, etc.
If you want to keep everything in place for emissions then why not slip a thin pice os steel in between the pipe flange and the header so everything looks stocks and you can just tune the egr out?
If you cant find what your looking for though send me a PM. I forgot to order block off plates with my headers but I have some 1/8" inch stainless steel so I was just going to make my own. If you can wait for 3-4 weeks until it warms up enough to get back to working in the garage I would be happy to make you set. I'm sure it would only cost a few bucks to have my wife drop them in the mail when she goes to grand forks ND around the end of march.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SSTtop
If you want to keep everything in place for emissions then why not slip a thin pice os steel in between the pipe flange and the header so everything looks stocks and you can just tune the egr out?
If you cant find what your looking for though send me a PM. I forgot to order block off plates with my headers but I have some 1/8" inch stainless steel so I was just going to make my own. If you can wait for 3-4 weeks until it warms up enough to get back to working in the garage I would be happy to make you set. I'm sure it would only cost a few bucks to have my wife drop them in the mail when she goes to grand forks ND around the end of march.
Yes, thanks, that's all a good idea, but if they are not going to be functional, and written out, I'd rather take them off and; save the weight off the nose/make plug changes easier/etc.

Quick Reply: LOWEST cost, pre-made, EGR block off plates?