Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Pulling Dent from rocker (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling Dent from rocker (pic)

My buddies got a 4th gen camaro. He bought it with the dent in rocker panel, previous owner took it over a curb in his driveway.

I used to work as a detailer for a body shop out of high school and remember the techs using stud welder and slide hammer to pull **** like this out. Is there another way we can pull this off without a shelling out over $200 for a stud gun?
Attached Thumbnails Pulling Dent from rocker (pic)-dent1.jpg   Pulling Dent from rocker (pic)-dent2.jpg  
Old 02-09-2015, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LuckShot
My buddies got a 4th gen camaro. He bought it with the dent in rocker panel, previous owner took it over a curb in his driveway.

I used to work as a detailer for a body shop out of high school and remember the techs using stud welder and slide hammer to pull **** like this out. Is there another way we can pull this off without a shelling out over $200 for a stud gun?

if you have a welder you could weld some studs on and use a slide hammer.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

As said above studs, or weld a metal tab following the deepest part of the crease, both of which will need a slide hammer to pull the dent out. Then there's the less preferred old school way with screws which leave holes to deal with.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Alright, thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Pulling Dent from rocker (pic)