Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Hair Brained wild idea

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hair Brained wild idea

So many will call me insane....some crazy...but, how about buying a TA roller and flipping out the doors, front and rear quarters, sail panel, trunk lid, spoiler with the ones on my 2k TA. Now your asking yourself, "why you nut job would you do this?". The answer is, every quote I have gotten to change the color of my car is in the 7000+ range and my car is BGC and is kind of a rare color. This way I could change the color but save my existing body panels to put it back to stock someday if I wanted to. I want the car factory black or red, so the color part is easy enough to find.

I see rollers on CL all the time for 1000 to 2000 with bodies that are in great shape. I am sure some will say buy or resell but I have a ton vested into my car and could never get back out of it what I have into it, and don't really want to sell it to be honest, just want a change of color.

With that being said, can any body shop guys chime in and tell me either.

A. this could work, but this is what it will entail.

or

B. this will cost you more than what you think and is insane.

....It is a bored at work brain storming kind of day.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you swap all the body panels you will have TONS of body and paint work to do to move over the rear quarters, you'd be better off buying a gutted roller in the color you want WITH A TITLE and swapping everything over from your current car, essentially converting your car to the roller. and driving that car, would be WAY easier and would leave the original paint unmolested.

Last edited by Daniel Richards; 02-11-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That very well may be exactly what is going to happen.

Quick Reply: Hair Brained wild idea