Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guages

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guages

hmmm, couldn't find a forum to post this in.

but anyway, what are a good set of guages to go to? (I know autometer) but which ones should I go with?

I know I am definitely going with Trans Temp for my converter, but what should I do with the other 2 slots in my pillar? Also should I go mechanical or electrical? I was thinking electrical
Old 05-31-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
hmmm, couldn't find a forum to post this in.

but anyway, what are a good set of guages to go to? (I know autometer) but which ones should I go with?

I know I am definitely going with Trans Temp for my converter, but what should I do with the other 2 slots in my pillar? Also should I go mechanical or electrical? I was thinking electrical
i like having a water temp since the stock gauge is not very accurate (except on the 98's). the other 2 im planning are nitrous pressure and fuel pressure, but thats because im spraying . as far as electrical vs mechanical, electrical is better because you wont have any actual fluids inside the cab, but mechanical is a lot cheaper. your choice
Old 05-31-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

actually the guages I am looking at (Z-series) the prices aren't too bad for the electrical ones. but the fuel pressure guage was ridiculous.

So Trans Temp and Water Temp are musts......hmmm, maybe i'll just buy myself nitrous so I know what to do with the 3rd guage
Old 05-31-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

im thinking of going with the auto meter 2-1/16 phanton series gauges with a triple gauge a-pillar with the following gauges: trans,water,fuel pressure and i would like to get an a/f gauge too with a wide band o2 sensor and tuk that somewhere in the cabin.i would keep one slot open for a nitrous gauge but im going for an all n/a motor
Old 06-01-2004, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

The ultra-lite are nice and so are the C2 gauges or the lunar gauges. Ultra-lite are cheaper though.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run all autometer 2 5/8 liquid filled pro comp gauges. H2O temp, Oil temp, fuel pressue, Trans Temp and Diff temp.

I road race the car so the few extra gauges are almost mandatory. I still have to finish the install on a few of them, but they are almost finished.