Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

progressive door lock mod = no power locks

Old 05-31-2004, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default progressive door lock mod = no power locks

well i tried to do the progressive door lock mod today and now i cant get any of my door locks to work unless i use the key. the key fob doesnt work and neither do the buttons inside the car. at first i spliced the grey w/black stripe wire to the tan wire and nothing worked so i put the tan wire back together and the grey w/black stripe wire back together and still nothing works. i dont have the male/female connector, all i have is a connector going straight to the bcm. can somebody help me out here, im kinda stumped
Old 05-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Check fuses first. Many people have blown the fuse while doing this mod.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

ummm....whats a progressive door lock mod?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Check this thread for more information. A description of the mod and how to do it is in the third or fourth post...https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/175413-auto-down-remote.html
Old 06-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Teching In

ok, i did blow the fuse, so i tried doing this again, splicing the grey w/black stripe wire coming from the connector to the tan wire and my driver side power locks worked but the passenger lock still didnt work and the fuse blew again after pushing the buttons a few times, so i wired it back like it was and put a new fuse in and so far so good. so does anybody know the proper way to do this mod when you only have a connector going to the bcm?
Old 07-11-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mccool98ta
ok, i did blow the fuse, so i tried doing this again, splicing the grey w/black stripe wire coming from the connector to the tan wire and my driver side power locks worked but the passenger lock still didnt work and the fuse blew again after pushing the buttons a few times, so i wired it back like it was and put a new fuse in and so far so good. so does anybody know the proper way to do this mod when you only have a connector going to the bcm?
Yeah I need to revive this post. I'm wanting to get the mod done and I'm having trouble with it. Don't really work with electronics that much so if anyone knows of any walkthroughs with pictures that'd be great. I think I share Mrcool's straight into the BCM thing. I don't have two green things I have a small green plug(two wires in it) going into a big yellow one. If that's not what I'm looking for could it be up in the wire loom? Any help you could offer is appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 07-11-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Ok now through a little more research I'm finding that the BCM is just one module that everything plugs into correct? Also, the location is near the back of the glove box? Seems like that will make it pretty hard to get to. Haven't gotten off my lazy *** to search for the bad boy yet. With this setup I'd just be looking for my gray/black and tan wires running directly into the BCM rather than a harness?

TIA,
Justin
Old 07-11-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

Ok, think I've found BCM. Black thing with some plugs going into it. In particular, one big *** blue plug. Would the wires I'm wanting be within that big mess of wires going into the blue plug?

Once again, TIA,
Justin
Old 07-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

There are three plugs that go into the BCM. One is a 32-pin blue connector, one is a 6-pin black connector and the third is a 6-pin green connector. The green connector is the one you want to work with.

Unplug the green connector from the BCM to give yourself some slack to work with and to prevent accidental shorting. You will see five wires - tan, gray, red with black, orange with black, and gray with black. Cut the gray with black wire a couple of inches from the plug. Splice the end that goes into the harness (not the end that goes to the plug) into the tan wire. The easiest way is to use one of those scotchlock crimp-on connectors but stripping and soldering will make a better connection. Tape up the loose wire end, plug the connector back into the BCM and test.

Now both doors will unlock on the first press of the button on the remote. The loose end of the gray with black wire will provide a 12V pulse when the remote button is pressed twice so it can be used as a second channel for such things as a window control module. Bear in mind that the 12V pulse will also be produced when the passenger's inside unlock button is pressed so you will have to do something like having a relay prevent the pulse when the ignition is on.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Old 04-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Launching!

That pic is huge
Old 04-18-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....22&postcount=7

Search this Thread