Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cam/timing ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New cam/timing ?

Three weeks ago I had installed comp. cam 212/218 .553/.563(?)spec. It was nothing spectacular in performance initially.Went back to the guy that installed it who also has a c5 with a helluva good sounding cam.He also has ls1 edit. So while talking with him he showed me his program inparticular his timing tables(hi oct.). to put it simply he added approx. 8 degs. across the board stopping at 4000rpm/load. He also has a dyno on premises to verify increase in performance and a scanner to verify no knock.My question is those of you with ls1 edit are you adding this amount of timing to get the performance you have gotten from a cam install???? BTW I made the same increase in timing and the car REALLY woke up with no knock!!!!!! Tailored the 4000rpm/load range and up some also stopping at 29 degs.
_______
Old 06-02-2004, 05:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rays C5
Three weeks ago I had installed comp. cam 212/218 .553/.563(?)spec. It was nothing spectacular in performance initially.Went back to the guy that installed it who also has a c5 with a helluva good sounding cam.He also has ls1 edit. So while talking with him he showed me his program inparticular his timing tables(hi oct.). to put it simply he added approx. 8 degs. across the board stopping at 4000rpm/load. He also has a dyno on premises to verify increase in performance and a scanner to verify no knock.My question is those of you with ls1 edit are you adding this amount of timing to get the performance you have gotten from a cam install???? BTW I made the same increase in timing and the car REALLY woke up with no knock!!!!!! Tailored the 4000rpm/load range and up some also stopping at 29 degs.
_______
My question is those of you with ls1 edit are you adding this amount of timing to get the performance you have gotten from a cam install????

Last edited by Rays C5; 06-02-2004 at 01:55 PM.