PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuner Opportunity....What to edit????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HP Tuner Opportunity....What to edit????

Hey guys I'm a lil new to tunning, but a fellow member will let me use his HP tuner to help me out. My current mods are listed in my sig. My situation is that I will be installing a TR224 in the next month, but I will probably only have this chance to get an HP tuner hook up. So my question is what should I change now in anticipation to my TR224 cam swap? I have the basic requests when I get to use it. Fan settings for 160 stat, !EGR!, !AIR!, !CAGS!, raise the REV limiter, am I missing anything I need to edit?
Old 06-02-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres not much you can change before the cam swap, really just need to see how your car adapts to it and go from there. You could do things like you mentioned, delete codes like EGR and etc. if you dont plan on running those. Maybe raise the rev limiter, but I certainly wouldnt rev any higher until you have that upgraded valvetrain. Once you get the cam, you might have to make some adjustments at idle, and do quite bit of logging to see where you car stands. Search around, you'll find more info than you care to know