PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm case swappable?

Old 06-02-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default pcm case swappable?

I bought a used '98 LS1, harness, pcm, tranny, etc. back in January to swap into my v6 car. It's almost ready to go in now....

I was looking at the pcm and wiring harness last night. One of the connectors was shoved over towards the other connector. (don't know if the connector had something mashed against it, or if the pcm was dropped, or what.)

I was able to push the connector back over. But when I took it off, I discovered that the aluminum flange coming up from the pcm case was broken along about 3" of its length, where it had folded over and then was bent back up straight. I think I can fit the connector back on it, and the seal will still mate up, but the cracked area will be below the seal and can let moisture in around the pins.

Can the case be opened? Can I swap the internals to my intact v6 case? Or do I have to buy a whole new '98 automatic pcm? (I could just lay a bead of clear rtv over the crack, but I'd rather have an unbroken case....)
Old 06-02-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes if the other PCM also is a 97 or 98, just remove the 4 bolts and slide connector end off the case.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Team ZR-1
Yes if the other PCM also is a 97 or 98, just remove the 4 bolts and slide connector end off the case.
Cool. I'll check that out. (it's a 98 also, but a v6, hopefully that won't matter...)

Search this Thread