Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/F Ratio Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/F Ratio Quick Question

I have my ltrims slightly negative and zero at WOT. My O2's are between 935 and 915 at WOT. Is it safe to say that I am definetely not running lean? I am worried that I am lean, but from what I have gathered off this site, these numbers tell me I am rich is this correct? I just want to be sure I am not lean. Is there a way to use the O2's to judge A/F ratio at part throttle? Mine jump from 60 to 900 and everywhere in between repeatedly. Is the only way to determine A/F ratio at part throttle a wideband? The O2's are too inconsitent.
Thanks
Matt
Old 06-03-2004, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Any one know?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nbmls1ta
I have my ltrims slightly negative and zero at WOT. My O2's are between 935 and 915 at WOT. Is it safe to say that I am definetely not running lean? I am worried that I am lean, but from what I have gathered off this site, these numbers tell me I am rich is this correct? I just want to be sure I am not lean. Is there a way to use the O2's to judge A/F ratio at part throttle? Mine jump from 60 to 900 and everywhere in between repeatedly. Is the only way to determine A/F ratio at part throttle a wideband? The O2's are too inconsitent.
Thanks
Matt

You are correct.......915-935 would definitely be on the rich side.

There isn't a way to judge partial throttle with the O2 sensors. If you watch them underpartial throttle the readings are all over the place...which i'm sure you already noticed. If you have Autotap just watch your LTFTs under partial throttle. You want to dial in the LTFTs before tuning the WOT with the O2s.