Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners .bin file sharing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 06:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners .bin file sharing...

Moderator, Can we have a thread for sharing .bin files with some sort of listing of mods done to the engine? This way people can see what some others have had good results with.

maybe a generic form to fill out such as:

YEAR
ENGINE
DISPLACEMENT
INDUCTION SYSTEM
MAF
INJECTORS
FUEL PRESSURE
INTAKE
HEADS
CAM
PISTONS
HEADERS
Y PIPE
CATS
EXHAUST
TRANNY MODS
REAR GEAR

etc.
and then a link to the .bin file with a comments section. ??
Old 06-05-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

That'll work.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Resident

That would be really sweet...
Old 06-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

Or even a section for posting the tables in catagories in excell format for a cut and paste.

It would be nice to get 90% there right out of the gate, and the last 5-10% of the tuning done on the dyno. It would cut down on some tuning expense and help offset the cost of HPTuners software.

Any moderators care to comment?
Old 06-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

I think this is an awesom Idea and have been looking all over for a base tune to get my ATI 7# car going with 42# injectors. email me the bin if you have something that will work for me, thanks guys.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

if anyone has a 2000 a4 file w/ 3.15s and stock otherwise id really appreciate it. Also, does anyone know if the software is what limits what bins you can modify? I have a 1999 bin here but cannot open it on my computer. Im assuming the software is what limits you from opening the bin since that hp tuners box is not even plugged in during .bin mods. Anyone have a copy of the hp tuners software for other years?

Dave
Old 06-07-2004, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If not I could always make space on our site for them, sine we have our own server and plenty of room
Old 06-07-2004, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll ask the rest of the mods and admins and get back to you guys. I think it's a good idea as well, like the ls1edit.com site w/all the ls1 files ... I would also be willing to lend my web space (65GB traffic/month) for it.

Just made a post for the mods and admins to review... if it's ok then I'll put a sticky up w/an email address to send them to and will sticky the thread...

Last edited by horist; 06-07-2004 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

i was just going to post a thread on thier site about this.

asking for a "bin viewer" program, so people can view other year bin files, without having to find somebody to share the program with.

i understand why they don't let you save it in the editor, but you should be able to view other bin files, imho. I know you can probaly get the program from whomever lends you thier bin file, but this would make it legal way to view it.

Ryan
Old 06-07-2004, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

I also think that this is a great idea. I've been kind of waiting for something like this to develop
Old 06-07-2004, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Edited:

Dave the End User License Agreement of HP Tuners clearly prohibits "sharing" of the software so please do not ask to have it sent to you on LS1Tech.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.p...num=1082727917

A better way to go about it would be to ask on hptuners.com for a viewer (something that doesn't write to the bin file just lets you see the values in it), they do listen to what their customers want and if there is enough demand they may deam it a worthy software update.

Last edited by horist; 06-07-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

aight, I cleared it w/HP Tuners, not sure if it's ok to sticky yet, however I will be happy to make a repository on my own site.

I will setup a small script tonight for going through and accessing the different BIN files. for now if you would like your .bin file added please email me at:

Mike@horist.com
Include the following:
Model: (Y-Body, Camaro, Firebird, GTO, Grand Prix, etc...)
Year
Engine
Displacement
Applicable performance Mods
Rear Gear Ratio
Transmission Type
Tire size
and a description of anything else applicable (as long as you want, this will be shared with anyone viewing the BIN file) ... also include your name/screen name if you want to be identified as having contributed the bin file

Please make the subject of the email:
HP Tuners .bin File 2000 Firebird or 2001 camaro or 2003 corvette etc....

I'll work on getting it automated this week but for now I'll have to do manual uploads
Old 06-07-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

does anyone know if its the box or the software itself that limits .bin reading and modifying??

Dave
Old 06-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Teching In

I would be very curious to look at some forced induction ones should they become available at any point.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

problem is you can only view your make/model and year

Dave
Old 06-07-2004, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 so far, I'm not feeling very good tonight so am going to bed early however I'll write up a little page tomorrow and post it...

Basically what I'm making is a database driven setup... you select if it's an F-Body, Grand Prix, Y-Body, etc... then you select the type (IE V8 F-Body or V6 F-Body, Supercharged GP or non Supercharged, Z06 or non-Z06 etc...) then you'll select Automatic or Manual and get a list of the bins...

I'm also going to enable a full text search for searching descriptions and mod lists.

For now I'll upload manually , but hopefully by the weekend (well after the hot rod power tour saturday) I'll be able to automate the uploads of the files and auto updates of the DB so it's all instantaneous. And of course I can change as people want...

and TT_Vert : yes the software is what limits it... if you bought it for a xxxx year Y-Body then that's the only year you can read, which is how it really should be... they've put alot of time into the software ... and were kind enough to not VIN Lock and make the binaries unencrypted... there are some shady individuals out there that... if they could read any .bin w/their software... would attempt to reverse engineer the software... also I believe certain years are setup different than others (as far as where certain data is located).

If you want to view other years then their is a link on hptuners.com for purchasing additional licenses, or as I mentioned ask for it as an enhancement on their site and they may provide a viewer in the future if there is enough demand for such an item.

so far I have a
2000 M6 Firebird w/4.10 gears
2000 A4 firebird 382 w/3.73 gears
2002 A4 Camaro SS Factory
2002 M6 Camaro Z28 w/TSP cam and headers

Keepem coming , all will be up this week
Old 06-08-2004, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

yah we wouldn't want anyone reverse engineering

that would be shady biznatch
Old 06-08-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok thats all i needed to know.
dave
Old 06-09-2004, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

I have some tunes for my truck do you want truck files also. I know that my tire gear combo has been a pain for many people to tune and I finally got it down.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

yup send them all i've been busy at work but am going to complete the interface by the end of the weekend (tonight I need to get my car ready for the hot rod power tour so I won't have much time till saturday... but will finish then

Quick Reply: HP Tuners .bin file sharing...