Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot stage II 5.3 Vs. Absolute Speed stage II 5.3 flow numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Patriot stage II 5.3 Vs. Absolute Speed stage II 5.3 flow numbers?

I was looking at the charts for the heads and noticed i did not see any flow numbers for the Patriot stage II 5.3s. Trevor told me yesterday what he was getting and was curious what others were getting on the flow bench? Right now it looks like the patriots are the better choice outside flow numbers with the patriot gold double springs coming with it and no core charge but there is a fine line where flow numbers are close enough to not matter on ET,which is what i care about. Everyone will get different flow numbers but i would like to see what all is out there between the two. Wonder how fast i can go with a set of heads!!!

Scott
Old 06-03-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Patriot Heads

You would have to flow them on the same flow bench to compare advertised flow numbers.We use a superflow 1020.In our independent testing,it has shown that a superflow 600 flowed more air on the intake side than the superflow 1020,with all things being equal.Advertised flow numbers will vary depending on the cylinder head manufacturer.What counts is the before and after changes made to the head on the same bench.
To answer your question,I believe you will see 10.8's or so in the quarter.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Streetstalker Do a search in the drag racing sect. or even in here. This way you can see what makes the better E.T's. LG motorsports uses AS heads so you might find alot of track times through there posts.