PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hpp3??

Old 06-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hpp3??

i was watching horsepower tv this morning and they had the 03 supercharged mustang bone stock. well they used the hypertech and did some tuning and gaind like 43hp and i was wondering how much i could gain with my 98ta a4
Old 06-06-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe 4.3hp ... the hpp3 is the biggest waste of money ever for our cars... only worth it if you can get it really cheap and need to do a tire or gear change... of shift point adjustments on A4s, or fan adjustments..

The power tuning sux.. some cars pick up a little power (nowhere near 43... remember these are NA cars... some MAY pick up 5-10 hp) but others loose power because of running too lean (depends on mods and how rich/lean you rcar was from the factory)

either way definetly not worth it...
Old 06-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by horist
maybe 4.3hp ... the hpp3 is the biggest waste of money ever for our cars... only worth it if you can get it really cheap and need to do a tire or gear change... of shift point adjustments on A4s, or fan adjustments..

The power tuning sux.. some cars pick up a little power (nowhere near 43... remember these are NA cars... some MAY pick up 5-10 hp) but others loose power because of running too lean (depends on mods and how rich/lean you rcar was from the factory)

ok thanks for the reply that helps alot
Old 06-07-2004, 04:30 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by horist

its one reason i hate shows and magazines like that, they are misleading and just entrap peope who dont know any better.

CHP even did a story on the HPP3 and used the power tuning and lost power, yet they still tried to justify it
Old 06-08-2004, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

43 hp on a stock supercharged car is possible. the HPP3 increases timing by around 2 and it must have been an '03 Cobra. although that show is more out to sell products to their sponsors though.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

........what everyone else has said........HPP3 is a compleat rip off. At $350+ your basically on the cost of a Dioblo (still don't like but better) and over half way to LS1Edit. Don't waste $0.01 on the HPP3 BS (I'm saying this because I went down that road back in the day........got bad advice and I had just got my car so I didn't know anything else was out there..... ).

HP TV has become one of the -est shows they have (sell outs......2mins of "work" and 10mins of showing stuff you can buy from Jegs.com ). Its is all about trying to sell parts . I miss the one that was always on before it (shade tree mechanic....I think that was the name....). Trucks isn't bad (they do some neat things) but I'm not a big "hot rod trucks" person.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Launching!

I lost .1 in the quarter with the HPP3. I needed it to recalibrate my speedo but kept the stock programming for the engine.

--

Eric D.
99 Firehawk M6

Search this Thread