PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Edit and forced induction...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Edit and forced induction...

I understand if this is considered propietary knowledge a la tuner who spends time figuring it all out.. but what kind of issues have people come accross while tuning a boosted LS1 motor with teh LS1edit? I was looking over the program, and some questions came in my mind come from those little areas that I think would affect a boosted set up more-so than a mildly changed NA motor (burst knock being an example, and max flow through MAF). Is anybody willing to share some experiences here as to what areas really need to be targeted to retain driveability?

With some stock-ish boosted motors, what have been some target a/fs and what kind of total advance are guys running? 11:1 a/fs? 20-25 degrees total advance WOT higher rpm?
Old 06-12-2004, 02:47 AM
On The Tree

I Just Got My Procharger And My Friend And I Use Edit....please Forward Any Info You Get To Me...thanks Alot For Your Help....
Old 06-12-2004, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by What
I understand if this is considered propietary knowledge a la tuner who spends time figuring it all out.. but what kind of issues have people come accross while tuning a boosted LS1 motor with teh LS1edit? I was looking over the program, and some questions came in my mind come from those little areas that I think would affect a boosted set up more-so than a mildly changed NA motor (burst knock being an example, and max flow through MAF). Is anybody willing to share some experiences here as to what areas really need to be targeted to retain driveability?

With some stock-ish boosted motors, what have been some target a/fs and what kind of total advance are guys running? 11:1 a/fs? 20-25 degrees total advance WOT higher rpm?
AF - target 11.5 - 11.9
Advance - start at 16 or so and work your way up 23-5 is the most I have seen. 18 is the avg

The biggest issue is the MAF maxing out. It depends on the year, style, and amount of boost as to when it will max. Once it maxes, you have to add fuel manually with the PE vs RPM tables. Pretty easy on a blower application, much more of a problem on a turbo. The PCM can only read 512g/s of air (even if you have a MAF capable of going higher).

There are some misc tables related to max airflow that need to be bumped up. Max MAF freq needs to be put to the max value it will allow. You need to make sure the car goes into PE under any boost condition.

That is a start for you.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Might get a lot more responses in the FI forum.