Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some opinions

I went to LS1SOUNDS.COM and listened to what my exhaust would sound like well my set up is coated JET HOT L/T with SLP LOUD MOUTH. The car sounds sweet when you get on it but when its normal driving or starting off at a red light it sounds like one of those old ragged trucks who thinks hes fast cause his muffler fell off. Any opinons on something that will sound sweet all the time. I have corsa on my Z and had flowmaster on the SS before i put the Loud mouth and headers on.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Headers and Cut-out?? If you want a ticket... Or a Borla sounds nice as well.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ticket i am not worried about i got that one covered :O) but the loud mouth combined with the headers and off road y are like i said sweet on WOT but sound ghetto the rest of the time.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True duals!!! Are you currently running cats? I have come to the opinion the the LS1 does not sound extremely good between 2k and 2.5-3k rpm. Below 2 it's nice and deap, starting at around 3k it takes off, but in between it sounds hollow or something. Maybe when my converter goes in this week i won't have to worry about that anymore

PS I had the loudmouth for 18 months before I got headers and i almost kept it and got high flow cats, but i'm glad that I got the duals that is for sure!
Old 06-07-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

havent thought about that can you send me a bit more info on your duals
Old 06-07-2004, 11:59 PM
11 Second Club

I'll tell you what i try to tell everybody else, TRUE DUALS ROCK! Y-pipes are stupid. Duals make more power (esp "under the curve" and low end torque, not huge dif just little but every little bit helps) and they just sound so much better. I mean, seriously now, rasp does NOT sound good!!! There are different ways to go about getting duals. If you search around you can find a lot of info on it. One way is to have a place like LS1Speed or Lanes do it for you, but you kind of have to be able to go to their shop. I live barely more than an hour from LS1 speed so I wen that route. Will cost you $500-$600 for duals to the axle with bullets. You can also order a universal kit from Dr. Gas for like $200 and take it, maybe some turndowns, and mufflers to a regular exhaust shop along with pictures of other people's setups and have them put the pieces together. They ahve NO RASP, deep idle, and scream at WOT. I think my duals, no cats, and headers is a little louder than just the loudmouth on otherwsie stock exhaust but sounds 1000 times better. I have dynomax bullets, which are the loudest of the mufflers you might use. Sweet thunder chambered mufflers, or borls XR-1s, or flowmaster one chambers if you don't want as much noise or interior noise/resonance.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

I know how you feel man.. I had LT's with the TSP Rumbler which is basically a commecial Dynomouth. The system had way too much rasp for me.. I always described it as an old truck with burned out glasspacks..

I installed true duals on Sunday, and the only thing that I can say is " Why didn't I make the change earlier?"

Idle sounds amazing. Not quiet, but not annoying loud.
WOT.... can't even describe it...
NO RASP

Check the true duals link in my sig..
Old 06-09-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$500 is a bit much but it looks great. Would it be cheaper to just buy the flowtech x-pipe and then some bullet mufflers? would that be good enough i have a welder who can do it all for me
Old 06-09-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any other dual-ers out there with some advice
Old 06-10-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

I went with 2.5" true duals with single chamber flowmasters, cost $400 installed at the shop. I couldnt be happier with my setup. You really cant beat duals. Cheaper than catbacks, better sound, more flow, and less weight.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about the y-pipe will i just run the pipes straight from the header?