Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E rebuild.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4L60E rebuild.

I wanted to get some suggestions about rebuilding my tranny so that I will be prepared when it goes out. My car is a 96 TA. I am going to upgrade the stall with the rebuild. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what parts to use and what parts to change out. I know some pieces from newer years have better parts. Should I go back all GM or are there good aftermarket alternatives? My car is a street car, but I occasionally take it to the track. It puts out 375rwhp/363rwtq. I am not sure if going back all stock would be fine or if with that power I need to upgrade some of the parts. Also, would going to a synthetic lubricant be advisable?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:52 PM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rare96WS6
I wanted to get some suggestions about rebuilding my tranny so that I will be prepared when it goes out. My car is a 96 TA. I am going to upgrade the stall with the rebuild. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what parts to use and what parts to change out. I know some pieces from newer years have better parts. Should I go back all GM or are there good aftermarket alternatives? My car is a street car, but I occasionally take it to the track. It puts out 375rwhp/363rwtq. I am not sure if going back all stock would be fine or if with that power I need to upgrade some of the parts. Also, would going to a synthetic lubricant be advisable?
Give us a call.
FLP transmissions
Old 06-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you wanting to build the unit yourself? or have have it built to match your driving requirements? There are many upgrades that will improve the life of the transmission. Amsoil & Redline are the 2 best when it comes to synthetics. If I can be of help with your questions, call me at 800 7763288 anytime after 10 am PST.

Quick Reply: 4L60E rebuild.