Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Couple NXT Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple NXT Questions...

I just went and bought the Tech Wax and Spray Wax tonight and put on a coat of the Tech Wax. Car looks GREAT and feels great too. I rushed through a little bit so I know my results can be better, but I'm impressed anyway. I was wondering that since it's a polymer like zaino, can it be layered on like Zaino? I know the key to Zaino is to build up a good barrier of it with aditional layers over time. Does NXT hold true in the same respect? I also got some Meguires instant detail to keep in the car for little on-the-go touch ups and such. I plan on doing a coat of Tech wax pretty often, like weekly, if it can be layered? Going to try the spray wax out tomorrow and see what she brings to the party.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you can apply multiple coats of the NXT. It is not going to be as durable as zaino. i'd say 2-3 applications will be good. if you are going to re-apply then maybe every other week. 2 times a month should be good
Old 06-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Launching!

I thought that NXT contains abrasives, so by re-applying you are removing the previous layer.

I think the consensus is to wait 24 hours for the first coat to fully cure.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not going to put on more than 1 coat in a 24 hour period, but would like to layer them on top of eachother over the coming weeks...
Old 06-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Chop-Foo Director

OK, here's the deal.

Yes, NXT has some minor cleaners in it. But, yes you can layer it. To all you nay-sayers out there, we put 4 coats on my car over a day, and yes it looked better after every layer. I think that this is a combination of cleaner surface and some layering.

The spray wax doesn't appear to have the cleaners in it, and it works AWESOME over the base coat of NXT. My routine now is to wax once a month, use spray wax weekly to maintain. (actually, it's been two weeks since I've done anything other than QD.) I may change the period between waxing to 6 weeks, since right now it looks just as good as it did when I got done with the last coat of wax.

Granted, NXT may not have the endurance of other products, but if you prep the surface, you won't see ANY different in last step products. If you're like me, you love getting out there on the weekend and taking care of your baby, so it's no big deal to throw some spray wax or another coat on her.

Any more questions about NXT, www.meguiarsonline.com has a nice forum for asking questions and learning more about the products and how to use them.