PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone experience heat soak problems.

Old 06-09-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone experience heat soak problems.

Yesterday on the Hot Rod Power Tour. There was a nice 14 mile parking lot going through the Lake of the Ozarks. Anyway, didn't have any problems idling through the mess, stopped for a bathroom break and group conference, everything working great to this point.

Got back in my heads/cam vette and the damn thing had a 3-5 second delay in throttle response. Getting a P0300 code (think thats what it was, for injector anyway). I could idle and slow move without problem, but stab the throttle and count 1,2,3 then boom, car takes off like a ****. So I connect my laptop, efi live showed 112degree air intake temps,98 degree outside temp on air cond display, 204 motor temp, 218 oil, air/fuel and O2's responded correctly. Pulled the plugs and nice and light brown tint to them with the correct gap. Checked all grounds, connecters, verified no bad injector (ohm check for consistency).

Spent some time with Joseph at Texas-Speed, both of us came to the conclusion that the injectors (SVO 30LB matched) were heat soaked. Anyone experience something simular? Ate lunch, waited about 1.5 hrs total, raised the hood, turned ac and unnecessary accessories off and no more problems.

Time for a heat extractor hood maybe
Old 06-10-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Why would heat do that to an injector? Just wondering since I'm also running the svo 30's. Your temps don't seem really excessive.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

as heat goes up so does resistance, so its going to take more power to turn on the injector. if resistance is high enough u could blow a fuse or a quad driver. what kind of stat do u have? maybe u should get some tuning or a switch to have the car stay cooler?
Old 06-10-2004, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Those temps are not out of line at all and should not cause injector or any fueling issue. SVO's do not heat soak nearly as quickly as a disk style injector, your issue was not heat soak for sure. How long did the car have the hesitation? Permanantly while sitting or just after a hot start?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I strongly doubt the problem was from the injectors.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by F1RZ06
Those temps are not out of line at all and should not cause injector or any fueling issue. SVO's do not heat soak nearly as quickly as a disk style injector, your issue was not heat soak for sure. How long did the car have the hesitation? Permanantly while sitting or just after a hot start?
For all of 5 minutes, till my group stopped for lunch and a cooldown

Search this Thread