PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuners "recovery" feature rocks.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hp tuners "recovery" feature rocks.

a local person used an inferior editing tool earlier in the week... battery died and was stranded.

Put a post on a local message board, asking if anybody can flash a 1998 Ta.

I told him i had hptuners and could try to load my bin file on it... no guarantee it would work,but i didn't think it could mess it up any more than it was.

0:36 later, car fired up.

Great product, and very impressed that it was able to recover a computer that died during a HPP3 install.

****note, HP tuners does not reccomend random flashing of 1998 computers, with any file other than one starting from a downloaded from that computer ****

I tried anyway, and it worked great

I took care of the editing necessary with the better product, and now there is a hpp3 paperweight. it could not even recover itself.

Ryan.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My laptop crached while I was writing to my 99 C5 I was able to rewrite to it again and it worked great!
Old 06-09-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I lost my PCM a few years back due to my stupid USB to Serial adapter losing connection... this was w/ls1 edit... since then I bought a spare PCM and would not flash my car unless I had the spare and tools to swap PCMs with me...

Now I have no worries about pulling over on a road and flashing my PCM That is one of the biggest things I love about HP Tuners When Keith showed me the software before it was released .. he did EVERYTHING you can do to kill the PCM during a write... but in the end it recovered it Truly awesome software!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

I think the best thing about HPtuners is that it loads a new image in under a minute. It pulls down the VCM in two minutes. Awesome.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:24 PM
DEV
Teching In

Default flashing gm computers

Originally Posted by slow
a local person used an inferior editing tool earlier in the week... battery died and was stranded.

Put a post on a local message board, asking if anybody can flash a 1998 Ta.

I told him i had hptuners and could try to load my bin file on it... no guarantee it would work,but i didn't think it could mess it up any more than it was.

0:36 later, car fired up.

Great product, and very impressed that it was able to recover a computer that died during a HPP3 install.

****note, HP tuners does not reccomend random flashing of 1998 computers, with any file other than one starting from a downloaded from that computer ****

I tried anyway, and it worked great

I took care of the editing necessary with the better product, and now there is a hpp3 paperweight. it could not even recover itself.

Ryan.
can hptuners edit out all other sensors all i have is two o2s and an egr valve
Old 12-29-2004, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DEV
can hptuners edit out all other sensors all i have is two o2s and an egr valve

HP Tuners can disable or enable just about anything that is controlled by your VCM. It is a high quality tool and very fail safe.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

why would you have an egr valve, and two 02s? egr is just an emmissions device???/ you can delete anything you want, but the car begins to run like crap, after you take a bunch out of it, alot of the program depends on imput from other sensors, and the more you take away from it the more it cant keep up????

Quick Reply: Hp tuners "recovery" feature rocks.