Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can be wrong??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What can be wrong??

Well first off, Im low on money. And I cannot get it fixed for a week or so. My car runs normal for say the first 2 miles after I have started it up. Then it will loose some oil pressure and at red lights it will like sputter or sound like its going to die but there is no change in the RPMs. There is no change in RPMs when the oil pressure drops.

When it runs normal the oil pressure gauges it at 40 but when my car starts to run rougher its closer to the 20 mark. And at idle when its rough the needle is right above the red(danger) area on the gauge. And black smoke(not real thick) comes out the tail pipes, it doesnt last long but just when I press the gas harder than when i was cruising.

Anyone know what this means???
Old 06-12-2004, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to give us the details on the car and when the problem happens - cold, hot, etc.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillerLS1
Well first off, Im low on money. And I cannot get it fixed for a week or so. My car runs normal for say the first 2 miles after I have started it up. Then it will loose some oil pressure and at red lights it will like sputter or sound like its going to die but there is no change in the RPMs. There is no change in RPMs when the oil pressure drops.

When it runs normal the oil pressure gauges it at 40 but when my car starts to run rougher its closer to the 20 mark. And at idle when its rough the needle is right above the red(danger) area on the gauge. And black smoke(not real thick) comes out the tail pipes, it doesnt last long but just when I press the gas harder than when i was cruising.

Anyone know what this means???
hey man, good to meet another near by member. you need to tell us what is done to the car, miles on it, year. worst case drive it to b.r. and ill take a look at it.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a 2001 WS6, has headers, lid, filter, catback, cutout, lowered and other suspension parts.