Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car backfiring after the shift @4K

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car backfiring after the shift @4K

We've made adjustments w/ a/f and the VE tables with LS1 edit and my car still backfires after the shift around 4K sometimes even as little at 3K putting around town. I've used another PCM out of my B/F's T/A after my cam install and my car ran great with his 99 PCM.

The cam is small 212/218 and the cars runs great and doesn't backfire WOT on the track. Anyone have any suggestions as to why the car does this w/ my computer and not his?

Other mods:

Mac headers, O/R Y, ported TB, Corsa catback. (I can't recall when this started to happen but Diablosport messed around w/ my tune when I was bone stock, I think the backfiring cam after all my exhaust was done) Car used to be rich up top around 5k but we since corrected that. 02's are great, just don't understand why the car dumps alot of fuel and backfires at those RPM's.

I have a tune relatively close to his (modified for me) although his motor has more power than mine does. The car has since run 12.39 @ 113 in the warmer temps a few weeks ago with my PCM. It runs great but sounds like a jalopy!

I am a newbie with LS1 edit and seeing if there is something we can do before I spend upwards of $500 on a dyno tune for a little cam.

Thanks