Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power seats stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seats stopped working

So a few days ago it rained in sheets like I've never seen before. The next day sometime I noticed that right behind the drivers seat was a puddle . I'm not sure if my window was open just a tick, or if it somehow just came in anyway.

At the same time I noticed the power seats stopped working, obviously from the water. I went to the carwash and vaccumed up all the water I could and then opened the car up to let it dry somewhat. Well a few days have gone by, its not totally dry yet, and the power seats still don't work. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Is the whole thing shot or might it work once things dry up? And if it is shot how easy and what exactly do I need to replace?

Tim
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Did you already check all the fuses. Maybe one is blown?? I will check my book to see where the fuses for the seat is located .
Old 06-15-2004, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Just Checked on my car. The seat is protected with a breaker that is located in the passenger compartment fuse block. Open up the driver side door and remove the cover plate, you will see 5 rows of fuses. The breaker is the silver, metal rectangle to the right, there are 2 breakers installed. The one for the power seat is the top one and besides the seat it also controls the rear dofogger. If your defogger is still working the breaker is OK. Both breakers have the same rating, so you can switch them against each other. The bottom one controls the power windows, so if after the switch the windows don't work any longer the breaker is bad. Hope this helps, if not post up here and I copy the text from the Hayes manual here.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply, but the breaker is fine. I swapped them and the windows worked with either breaker used and the seat didn't work no matter which one was used. The floor is even a little drier today, but still no working seat.

Tim