PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFTs W/LGs installed. Guru advice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTFTs W/LGs installed. Guru advice?

Just installed LG long tubes and K&N on my otherwise stock Z06. Drove 50 miles and downloaded my LTFTs using EFILive. How do they look besides being a tad lean. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by jub jub; 06-14-2004 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:35 PM
FormerVendor

How did you do that using EFIlive
Old 06-14-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
How did you do that using EFIlive
On the tool bar click "LS1/LS6" and then click "Long Term Fuel Trim Cells" and then save. EFILive automatically saves it as an excel file. I added the comments to the far right.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

You say its slight rich yet all the values are positive ( if bank 1 and 2 mean LTFT) so that would be lean.
It shows using ALL 23 cells when some cells you would not use for a Z06, esp ones for auto trannie for park or idle in drive like cells 16 and 17.

Also something does not make sense where at times one side of the engine reports 66% leaner then the other side which is not possible if the engine is running OK.

I doubt one side would be 3.9% lean while the other side is 10 % yet further down the other side is now 50% leaner then the other side, so either your scanner is at fault or how you converted the raw OBD-II data in Excel.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It only started looking this way since I added the headers. I'm using the rear O2 sensors (post cat) from the stock exhaust because of the longer leads. I understand they are a higher wattage than the pre cat sensors. Since the sensors are so far down stream from the heads is it possible they are not operating properly?

Here is a pre header LTFT table.

Old 06-14-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Even before the headers were installed that scan shows cells 2 and 21 offset 50% more from one side to the other. Maybe the way it is being averaged by your software but in any case the overall LTFTs are fine as long as your not seeing any amount of knock pulling your timing down.
Your next step is to really see what the PE and WOT conditions look like and tune for that.
The LG headers being they put the O2s like 2 feet further back will have an effect on O2s since its cooler back there and using the rear O2s in the front locations and their wires are longer will cause a bit of change to the O2 output voltage at the PCM and also if CATs are used being they are further back might trip DTC error codes esp of using high flow types.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I can see from my scans that I'm not pulling any KR or setting any codes. In fact, the car is running better than it ever has. I use to notice bank 1 always ran richer than bank 2 as indicated by the tail pipes and LTFT averaging more positive on bank 1. Now they both appear equal and my exhaust tips do not get as sooty as they used too.

I don't know why I'm filling cells 16 through 19 as they are suppose to be for automatics. I have posted the cell matrix on the EFILive board and waiting for an answer on that one.

One of the Z06vette.com members tells me you are quite the tuner and he has nothing but great things to say about you. He has pretty much the same set-up and he said I should go with SVO 30# injectors and one of your tunes. Do you offer mail order tuning? If so, I might be interested.

Last edited by jub jub; 06-15-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Yes I do ON or OFF board custom tuning.
I sent you a PM.