Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail Panel Question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail Panel Question?

Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a dumb (actually very dumb) question. Are the sail panels people are discussing the speakers that are in the rear seat (it seems that would be the only other place everyone is talking about since i know the rear hatch are 4 inch and the speakers in the front door are the ones everyone discusses in replacing so much.

Ok, so let me ask another question if this is correct. My OEM monsoon cd player doesnt play discs anymore so luckily my fiance is selling her old car and i am going to pull out the alpine deck i bought for her. So, could i place 4 midbass/highs in the front panels and the sail panels (possibly some infinities or alpines) and place small 10 inch powered sub like the MTX T-form thunder4500 in the back?

I really dont want to spend a whole lot of money on this but it really bugs me when i have 1 blown speaker, a cd player that doesnt work and LOTS of distortion.

What are your recommendations for me??

Thanks in advance
Old 06-18-2004, 11:45 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Yes, what you described is the sail panel.

2. You can fit aftermarket midbass/full range, whatever you want in those locations. If you go smaller than stock you will need to use a doubler to close the gap.