Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LS1 is here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My LS1 is here!

Well, I picked it up yesterday morning. Paid $500.00 for the stock block and heads. It was in a car fire and all the plastic melted. All but on corner of the L side head looks great and that cleaned up instantly. Water damage mostly. The same cylider had a touch of rust on it but no problem to me as I am going to have it re-sleeved soon.

Spent most of the afternoon tearing it down and inspecting every part. None of it will get reused, but just wanted to check it all out and more importantly, totally enjoy this project. (Can't get the freaking crank bolt and pully off yet but.. Broke TWO breaker bars trying!!!)

I look right out the windwo as I type this and can see the block sitting there.... Now just to decide what goes in side! It will be the GMPP intake and carb on top, just waiting to find out which carb and MSD or Accel ingnition system... So many choices, only on block... (For now!!!)

Doing this one side be side with a 350 cast iron block for the wifes car. This should be a great summer and hoefully I'll have something to run mid next year. I'm shooting for the last few races of the season so I can run them and re-work the bugs over the winter. We'll see! Advice and comments welcome and alread found tons on this site!!! This is the BEST LS1 site (or any forum for that matter!) that I have ever seen!!!!! Thanks guys and gals!!!!

Mike
Old 06-16-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dvnt2003
Well, I picked it up yesterday morning. Paid $500.00 for the stock block and heads. It was in a car fire and all the plastic melted. All but on corner of the L side head looks great and that cleaned up instantly. Water damage mostly. The same cylider had a touch of rust on it but no problem to me as I am going to have it re-sleeved soon.

Spent most of the afternoon tearing it down and inspecting every part. None of it will get reused, but just wanted to check it all out and more importantly, totally enjoy this project. (Can't get the freaking crank bolt and pully off yet but.. Broke TWO breaker bars trying!!!)

I look right out the windwo as I type this and can see the block sitting there.... Now just to decide what goes in side! It will be the GMPP intake and carb on top, just waiting to find out which carb and MSD or Accel ingnition system... So many choices, only on block... (For now!!!)

Doing this one side be side with a 350 cast iron block for the wifes car. This should be a great summer and hoefully I'll have something to run mid next year. I'm shooting for the last few races of the season so I can run them and re-work the bugs over the winter. We'll see! Advice and comments welcome and alread found tons on this site!!! This is the BEST LS1 site (or any forum for that matter!) that I have ever seen!!!!! Thanks guys and gals!!!!

Mike

sounds awesome! an LS1 carbd? i have never heard of such a thing. good luck to you!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Launching!

Eh, ive heard of a carbed LS1, but wasnt making as much power as an efi...BUT it would make a nice project...and tuning should be easier