Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can you take out the stock grille and still be able to put it back?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you take out the stock grille and still be able to put it back?

thinking of changing grills, but I want to be able to use my stock one again if need be. Is there a way to take it out so that you can just go back in? Thanks
Old 06-17-2004, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes.. Just remove it without cutting any of the prongs off... (thats what I did, It was fast & easy & I hate the look of the factory grill) I think the tops ones have nuts on the back of them, you could undo those from the backside of the bumper underneath the car... Somone correct me if Im wrong...
Old 06-17-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be mistaken but I think you need to remove the bumper cover to get to a few of the nuts that hold the grille on. I have seen the stock grille for under 30 bucks on Ebay so my suggestion is yank the old one off and if you want to put it back on later just buy another one.

Took me 2 seconds to get mine off...grab and yank (no comments please ) and it popped right off.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same thing... HAHAHAHA Seem to easy....
Old 06-17-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took mine off using the grab-and-yank method and haven't looked back since! Travis, if you're looking for a place to mount your front VA plate you can do like I did and mount it to the front air deflector under the bumper. Just grab some stainless nuts and bolts from Lowe's, drill holes through the thing, and bolt the license plate down with them.

I'm also thinking about trimming off the excess metal at the bottom of the plate so it sits lower and is slightly more visible to officers of the law.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Veteran

It will never fit the same way again, once you take it off, but it will go back in unless you break off all the clips.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Teching In

cut mine off - I put my plate on the pass. sun visor and flip it down when need be.
I got pulled over and got a tickit without the plate. since I put it in the visor I havent been pulled over for no plate - just speeding. But no tickit for no front plate.
Attached Thumbnails Can you take out the stock grille and still be able to put it back?-ttsszfrnt2.jpg