Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Head Identification + Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 Head Identification + Help

Can someone please offer help on how to identify the LS6 style heads on a built up LS1 engine? Is the p/n 12564243 correct and where are the ID p/n 's located? If the numbers are internal, are there other ways to identify the heads?
The engine is for sale now and something I am considering since it has many of the mods I am already contemplating including LS6 style Intake and an upgraded cam. It has never been on the street according to the owner. Are there other things I should be asking the owner about when buying an engine like this? I tried to get the engine builders phone number so I could talk with them but so far no number after several days of asking, just the name. I tried to look up the name on a search with no luck. That has made me nervous.
Thanks !
Old 06-21-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

the last 3 digits on the head are 243. so those are probabally them. they are located right below the bottom right hand corner of the pass. side valve cover.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Default Head ID help

Thanks Silverbeast. I assume then that p/n 12564243 is correct and will look for that number on the pass side head by valve cover.