Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debaffle Firehawk Hood or FTRA

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Debaffle Firehawk Hood or FTRA

Well I have been searching and reading and searching and have found a TON of people saying if you have a WS.6 that it is better to do the BGRA than the FTRA or SSRA, etc. Well what do you all think about with the Firehawk hood. I could pretty easily remove the baffles and seal the hood to the front of the airbox. Now the inlet of the airbox for the Hawk is not the large inlet like on the WS.6, but I could still steal it up for a straight shot to the airbox. No one makes the smooth funnels from the front of the hood to the airbox, so there could be some turbulance inside the air inlets before it gets to the airbox.

Or I could just go with the FTRA or SSRA, etc.

I was tossing around the idea of trying to fabricate some smoothing channels for inside the hood inlet but I just don't know if it will be worth the work.

Your opinions are all greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
Old 06-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI--the WS6 lower airbox fits under the Firehawk hood. I don't know how much it helps, thought I did the airbox and the crank pulley and went from 101.86 to 104.11 in the 1/4. Some of that was the motor breaking in more, I'm sure.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

I heard the WS6 box doesn't fit unless you have an aftermarket lid. I still have the SLP Blackwing lid on there and I heard it does not fit. What lid are you running?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

I got a FTRA and love it. No overheating issues at all.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skytower31
I heard the WS6 box doesn't fit unless you have an aftermarket lid. I still have the SLP Blackwing lid on there and I heard it does not fit. What lid are you running?
Sorry, I didn't even think about using the WS6 with the stock lid, so you're probably right.

As far as which lid I'm running, I know I'm not running that one, it didn't even exist when I put my lid on. Hmmm. I'm not sure which one it is to be honest. I wanna say LS1 Motorsports, but that may just be where I got it from. I've been away from the LS1 boards for a long time.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

I know the Blackwing isn't as big as the stock stock lid, but I just heard you can't even run the Blackwing with the WS.6 box. I have a friend with a WS.6. Next time he is over I'll take apart his airbox and try it out. I think I am just going to debaffle my hood and seal it to the airbox.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Teching In

I saw a picture of my lid in an old article yesterday. It's a Directflo--I got it from LS1 Motorsports.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Cool, thanks man.