Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Question about Menzerna Intensive Polish with PC DA buffer

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Menzerna Intensive Polish with PC DA buffer

Well, I broke down the other day and bought a Porter-Cable 7336SP. I bought some Meguiar's Swirl Remover No.9 and got some really impressive results with it and the PC using only the polishing pad that came with the PC. But I still have some swirls, so I ordered a DA pad kit and some Menzerna IP from Autopia. Am I right in thinking that the IP will remove more swirls than the Meguiar's No.9 or no? And what speed setting do you guys use with the IP?

Just a note, the PC buffer is the best imvestment I have made for detailing. It makes even just waxing so much easier and the results are outstanding. I would say I removed or "hid" 90% of the swirls and spiderwebs just doing a once-over with the buffer and some NXT- so much more than I could ever do just hand-waxing. But my goal is to remove the swirls instead of just hiding them so I am hoping the IP will do the trick.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your correct, the IP will remove alot more than the 9.0.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i usually use the IP with a CMA orange pad @6. The IP will remove more than #9 cause that has oils in it so stick with the menzerna it will remove what most common light swirls if you apply moderate pressure you can remove more just take time and work in sections

Quick Reply: Question about Menzerna Intensive Polish with PC DA buffer