Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb Alert

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb Alert

Yes you guessed it, another stupid question from anther damn newb who is in a automotive forum and knows squat about cars and worse yet it is an LT-1 question. I wanna learn though and I have the aptitude I just lack the knowledge.

This is the deal I am thinking about getting an intercepter (I am **** poor and I am tired of driving less than a V8 - I won't even go into what I do drive because I don't wanna get banned) and I have been reading about the LT-1 that is in that car and I read that it is a 2 bolt main as opposed to the 4 bolt in the vette LT-1 and the 6 on an LS1. What is that? How does that affect things? What other bad things can I look forward too with an LT-1 and even worse an LT-1 with 120K miles. My intentions are to get the car take it to a mechanic and give him cart blanche to check and fix to a point that is good as new (yeah I know I got a rape job comming)

Second thing is this I have been pushing papers for about 12 years now and I am ready to go postal. I am tired of this crap and I want a carreer change. I love cars, always have but I have never persued a carrer in the automotive field. I have done usual mantenance stuff (tune ups, brakes, etc.) and I have helped friends mess with suspensions, replaced starters, installed stereos and other small stuff but nothing complicated. Any suggestions. I was thinking body work because I think I can make more money, especially with my own shop and I think (don't really know) the start up costs would be substantially less then a mechanics shop.

Wish I could be one of those super mechanics you see on "Rides" but that is for you guys who have been into this stuff since birth. Anyways, any comments are welcome and thanks for your help.

psycho