Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about stock GSC wear

Old 06-25-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about stock GSC wear

My 02 Z28 still has the stock Goodyear Eagle GSC's on them with about 17k miles.

I noticed the other day that on my rear tires the tread in the dead center of the tire is worn more than the rest of the tire. I run 32psi cold. Is this normal??

Also it seems like when I try to do a burnout it won't do the big black smoky burnout.... unless I'm doing something wrong (raise revs dump clutch)
Old 06-28-2004, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

I have the exact same concern on mine at 16,000 miles. I've been pretty religious about keeping the tire pressure at 30psi cold. The only time it's slipped was a couple of days after I brought the car out from storage this spring and a couple were down a few psi.

I thought maybe my gauge was off and I had them overinflated, so I bought a new gauge. Everything read 30psi cold.

Looking at the tread, I think the seperations between the tread blocks on that center "band" are just not as deep as the seperations on every other part of the tire, because everywhere else it appears the tires still have a good amount of life in them.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah that's exactly what i was thinking. It's good to know I"m not crazy than LOL

Search this Thread