Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost several mph in my trap speed, please help me find it.

Old 06-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost several mph in my trap speed, please help me find it.

About a month or so ago at the track I would run approx. 107mph traps on average N/A, then around 117mph on the 100 shot.

A couple weeks ago I ran on a humid night ONLY with spray a few times and just trapped 112mph, but I blamed it on the humidity and went on my merry way.

So then wed. night I ran again with only spray and still, only 112mph traps, but the weather was perfect, upper 70's and very low humidity. So I messed around with the N2O setup and tried to figure out what the problem was. I threw in 2 gallons of 100 octane thinking maybe I had a little knock, made sure I purged good and long, etc. still 112mph. So I decided to run N/A and see what happened. I did just that and trapped a sorry 102.7 on a semi-decent run. So now I REALLY don't know whats going on.

Nothing has changed as far as I know since I trapped 117mph, my clutch doesn't seem to be slipping (Spec Stage III). My engine does have a little tick (I know its not piston slap now that I've had some people listen to it), but all the mechanics say its just a noisy lifter and to leave it alone. Anyone have any ideas? The car idles fine and seems to run fine except for being a little weak obviously.

Tim

Search this Thread