Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VHP Springs???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 07:17 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default VHP Springs???

so I have now seen this link twice on here....

http://www.vincihighperformance.com/superwebdeals.HTML

wondering if anybody has some experience with them besides the person who I saw post them.....

I am looking for info since I have broken a single...and want to upgrade to a dual

BTW: Thanks mrr23 for the Link

Last edited by soundengineer; 06-26-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone correct me if i'm wrong but those specs look exactly the same as the crane specs. they seems to sell a lot of other products and call them vhp. i know the rockers they are selling are not exclusive to them, but they are called "VHP ROLLER ROCKER KIT". so, take it for what it's worth.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those are Crane Roller Rockers. I talked to VHP about a cam a couple of years ago and they wouldn't give me any specs or tell me who ground it, so consequently I did no business with them.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:32 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, If you poke around on the site, you'll see that Crane and VHP worked together to design the parts more commonly known as Crane hardware.

I'm going to run those springs with one of their torque cams. I should have them purchased and installed by the end of July.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I remain skeptical of companies that claim to have proprietary products when in fact they are not.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

sorry for such the late post. just found it.

sound engineer: you are welcome.

bigdsz: proprietary means many things. does TR grind their own cams? no. they have comp cams do it. does this make it their cam? yes. they had comp cams grind a cam to their specifications. VHP and Crane have been working together for many years. you can't get a VHP cam from Crane.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't want to get a VHP cam from Crane. You must be a part owner of VHP the way you tout their products on this board. If I hear about how great the VHP spring compressor made by Crane is again, I think I'll throw up.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

go ahead and throw up then, because theyre awesome, i have a vhp cam i ran in my silverado and it ran good, no dyno numbers or anyhting, but they make good products. marc youre swapping cams again, lol.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigdsz
I wouldn't want to get a VHP cam from Crane. You must be a part owner of VHP the way you tout their products on this board. If I hear about how great the VHP spring compressor made by Crane is again, I think I'll throw up.
i wish i was part owner. if i was, i wouldn't be posting. and same could be said about the larry tool also. if you had an invention that required the use of a $500,000 machine, would you go out and buy it just to make a $100 invention? if so, great. but most entrepreneurs can't. even small businesses. hell even GM doesn't make every component on the cars. but it'll have the GM logo on it. so, you outsource. in the VHP/Crane agreement it might be that Crane gets to sell the product also. both name it as theirs. big deal.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hink9
go ahead and throw up then, because theyre awesome, i have a vhp cam i ran in my silverado and it ran good, no dyno numbers or anyhting, but they make good products. marc youre swapping cams again, lol.
if you look at the date this was back in june. he's already done the cam swap. he posted it in the truck section. he said the VHP047 is performing way better than the comp he took out.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrr23
if you look at the date this was back in june. he's already done the cam swap. he posted it in the truck section. he said the VHP047 is performing way better than the comp he took out.
lol, im retarded
Old 10-14-2004, 07:43 PM
FormerVendor

Hey guys...Let me try to set the record straight. Crane Cams and Vinci HI-Performance have been working together since the 60's. I can't begin to count the number of cams and related valve train products we have developed together. Crane has about 2000 grinds listed in their catalog but they have over 80,000 different lobe profiles they can grind. VHP is responsible for many of the profiles, and we can and will provide the test information to anyone who is interested. We try to keep our price structure in line with everyone else. We just finished three months of Crane Product sales on much of the valve train products. They were featured in full page ads in Corvette Fever and GM HI-Tech Magazines six different times. We are always open to purchase suggestions from folks on the forums. We are involved in product testing, R&D, and evaluation on a daily basis and we gladly pass this information on to our clients. The better informed the public is the better chance we have of providing them with our quality products.
Roger