Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting, blueprinting oil pump how to?

Old 06-27-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Porting, blueprinting oil pump how to?

I had a good collection of how-to articles on porting and blueprinting the stock LS1 oil pump but the wife ejected them.
I had one really good one but cannot remember if it was in Chevy Rumble, GM Hi Tech, or Chevy Hi Tech. I searched each rags sites with no luck.
Anyone got suggestions and/or soft copies? I would appreciate any help.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Man,sorry to here about your magizines disappearing,(my wife knows better!!)That oilpump porting and oil system improvements was in the March 2004Chevy Rumble.(chevyrumble.com)Maybe they"ll have it on their site,that was a great article on the oiling system for the ls1,I ported my oilpump,did the work on the pan too!That Chevy Rumble is a Great magizine!!Did you see the new copy with the 408 that put out 615hp with stock ls1 intake?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thx, Fastone! Yeah, she usually does not do things like that but when comany is coming she goes crazy and "forgets" sometimes. I guess the stack of rags around one foot high was another reason?!?
I did see that article. Made me think hard about my 383 build but I was too far into it to change. Holy cow, there are some monster LS1 motors out there!
Love the Chevy Rumble stuff. I think it is time to add a subscription. Chevy HiPer and GMHiPer are great but I get more info from Rumble.
Thanks again, motor on!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porting, blueprinting oil pump how to?