Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick torque converter bolt question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Quick torque converter bolt question

Im sure this has been asked before but I searched but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for. Im installing an Art Carr 3500 Stall for a friend in his 01 Z28 and the bolts that were supplied with the new converter are shorter than the stockers by a couple full threads. I have one tightened down and its not even close to going through to the backside of the "flange" of the converter. I know I can use the stock bolts but would it be better to use the new bolts even though they are shorter? Thanks
Old 06-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandboZ28
Im sure this has been asked before but I searched but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for. Im installing an Art Carr 3500 Stall for a friend in his 01 Z28 and the bolts that were supplied with the new converter are shorter than the stockers by a couple full threads. I have one tightened down and its not even close to going through to the backside of the "flange" of the converter. I know I can use the stock bolts but would it be better to use the new bolts even though they are shorter? Thanks
i just reused the stock bolts on my vig 3600, But I did have to grind them down a little to fit. Good luck with your set-up!