Sponsored by:

Paging Ryan Karasek regarding your Gen7 Standalone

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 12:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Default Paging Ryan Karasek regarding your Gen7 Standalone

Ryan,

I'd like to compare notes with you on your setup, since I am running a FAST standalone.

Did the Gen7 come with a wired up crank solution or did you have to do that?

How about the coil harness? Gen7 have an eDIST type box? Is it already wired up?

Did you run into a problem grounding the starter relay?

Thanks for the info on the alternator, I did it just like you did and it charges right up.

What are you doing for dash gauges?
Old 07-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good threat . I would like to know also so i would know what extra i would need for my regular gen7 .
Old 07-22-2004, 05:05 AM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, sorry I missed this for so long.

1. The Accel DFI comes with a wired solution for the Crank and cam position sensors. It reads the factory sensors. The Gen 7 has a seperate "eDist" box that tackels both functions (cam, crank, and Coil drivers).

2. Its all wired up, just plug it all in and go.

3. I just looked at all the wiring diagrams and made my own circuit to keep things like the neutral/park safety switch. Mine pretty much goes like this for the relay driver: 12v-ingition switch-relay drive-shifter safety-ground.

4. I just made a new dash, Autometer gages: Tach, oil pressure, Water Temp, Fuel level, Fuel pressure, Volts

Ryan K.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:14 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Wow took you forever to see this.

I just bought a dash cluster from a wreck so I could see how easy it would be for me to fab up my own cluster... seems pretty deep so there is a lot of room. I am going to do this for sure. I have a lot of Autometer gauges to add and now I can put them in the new cluster.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Regular

So with this system can you run a factory guage cluster or no?
Old 07-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Pathological Modifier

Here are some pictures of the dash.

Old 07-22-2004, 12:02 PM
Pathological Modifier

Originally Posted by Pewter'00Z28
So with this system can you run a factory guage cluster or no?
If you run the system piggy back, "it should" be able to run the dash and stuff.

I am running the car without the factory PCM at all. Its a huge undertaking, I basically rewired the whole car.

Ryan K.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:03 AM
Teching In

sweet i did the same it took me 2 day to strip the car of wires. originally i was going to do a piggy-back, but it would of been a rats nest of wires. a lot cleaner to go stand alone and i probaly saved 50+ lbs. Ryan i was wondering if you would send me a copy of your global calibration so i can compare tables. i have a 383 tuned by george at street rods and customs in boca raton, fla. he made 478 horsepower and 484 torque on racefuel with 34 degrees timing. just wanted more knowledge and ideas of different ways of tuning.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'm running a FAST bank/bank standalone, we removed the factory pcm and engine control harness but I have not removed the body harness which for me is still controlling the lights and some little stuff.

Did the Gen7 come with an already made eDist harness? Did you have to splice in any LS1 sensors to the Gen7 harness? Did you sync up the Gen7 to engine timing?
Old 07-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Pathological Modifier

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Did the Gen7 come with an already made eDist harness? Did you have to splice in any LS1 sensors to the Gen7 harness? Did you sync up the Gen7 to engine timing?

1. The Accel DFI comes with a wired solution for the Crank and cam position sensors. It reads the factory sensors. The Gen 7 has a seperate "eDist" box that tackels both functions (cam, crank, and Coil drivers).

2. Its all wired up, just plug it all in and go.

Ryan K.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Hey Ryan,

I've got gen VI DFI on my car and i'm looking to upgrade to Gen VII as well as doing the dash that you did on your car. Did you take the stock dash and put black plastic behind it? And how did you secure the plastic panel to the stock instrument panel? Meaning I can't tell how it's secured to the stock stuff. On my car the panel secures to what's behind it and then the overlay bolts to the dash.....

last question is what part # is that tach that you have and how big is it????
Old 07-25-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by onesickLT1
Hey Ryan,

I've got gen VI DFI on my car and i'm looking to upgrade to Gen VII as well as doing the dash that you did on your car. Did you take the stock dash and put black plastic behind it? And how did you secure the plastic panel to the stock instrument panel? Meaning I can't tell how it's secured to the stock stuff. On my car the panel secures to what's behind it and then the overlay bolts to the dash.....

you dont need to upgrade you just need some gasoline and a road flare!
goto an LT1 msg bored bitch... this is where all the fast guys hang out...

HAHA

-Jason
Old 07-25-2004, 10:51 AM
Pathological Modifier

What I did was take the plexi cover off of the old dash and used it as a patern to make the ABS part. Once I had the flat ABS part, I stacked a few little pieces together and drilled them for the mounting screws. Its kind hard to explain. The plexi cover is not actually flat. You see when you take it all apart.

Ryan K.

Originally Posted by onesickLT1
Hey Ryan,

Old 07-25-2004, 12:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Where did you get the plastic, the color matches pretty good in your pics (it appears).

I should take a pic of this stock dash cluster, then some of you could see how deep it is.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Pathological Modifier

The plastic is just black ABS that you can get from most stero installation places, I found that you can get bigger pieces from Best Buy if you have one in your area.

Ryan k.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Okay great to know, thanks!
Old 08-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the help Ryan...

Whatever Crash... You'll figure out just how fast this thing is when i put you in the rearview.... assclown