Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Quick!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick!

Im going in the morning to install my system. I got a driver side 10 inch stealth box and was wondering where everyone puts their amp?..
Old 06-29-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need some help everybody...looks like *** sitting on the rear deck and tried to see if it would work in the rear panel where the back speakers are and it fits on the passenger right side but i dont know how youd mount it..
Old 06-29-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

go to www.subthump.com they make a carpeted MDF amp rack/plate that mounts to the back wall of the hatch.
Here: http://www.subthump.com/acamarorack.htm
Old 06-30-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Need some HELP. I finally got everything installed and after 5 mins I blew the **** out of that piece of **** Image Dynamics V.3. I need another recommendation for a sub to use in a stealth box that is made for the situation..got a 600 watt rms amp. Help Quick please.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

What amp are you using? How was the gain set on the amplifier? What kind of enclosure did you put it in? ID makes pretty decent subs, Maybe it was a level setting problem? I'm saying this, because if you did it to a V.3, you can probably do it to another sub.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

I see that the RMS power handling of the 10v.3 is 250, 500max. Do you have the JBL BP600.1? Assuming you were wiring the ID using both 4ohm voice coils in paralell to the amp, the JBL was producing 600 RMS. way too much power, especially in a larger box. If you plan on using a stealthbox, I would recommend either a Resonant Engineering SE10: http://www.respl.com/flash_index.html
or, JL Audio 10w6v2: http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/10w6v2.html
or, RF T110D4, found on Ebay cheap: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=39774
Hope this helps!
Old 06-30-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah man I was using the 600.1 jbl mono amp. I had the bass set conservative and gain maybe 75% up. I had it fairly loud and pouding but not thinking I was pushing it hard enough to blow the **** out of it after 15 mins. I was looking into getting a alpine type r sub would I blow it too if I blew the V.3? Also are all 3 of these amps made for the free air space situation that theyll be in the stealth box? Thanks alot for the help so far man! I just checked out all the subs you listed and they are alot more than I was wanting to blow. I was thinking like no more than 150 range...I wasnt really wanting a speaker to blast everyone with I just bought the amp cause it was on sale and had all the power id ever want..ya know.

Last edited by uLoSeAgAin; 06-30-2004 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Ok first off, those V.3's take ONE MONTH to break in before you can pound them at full force. Second, ANY sub you get has a break in period. I did an install of two of those V.3's getting 400 watts rms a piece and so far so good becuase he is breaking them in carefully, but when those magic 30 days are up we're gonna pound those bastards hard. Third, you need to get your gains properly set. As far as subs go i would definitely go to a car audio shop where they can use an oscilliscope (sp?) to accurately set your gains. Not to be a *****, but it looks like your lack of knowledge just cost you a perfectly good sub. Be careful next time, and if you're not sure about your setup, just ask the board members or somebody from a true car audio shop. Not best buy (i hate their car audio) or circuit city or some crap. Peace, and good luck.