Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can install a Trex cam myself????

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can install a Trex cam myself????

Hi, if I have the knowledge to install a cam and valve springs, is there anyway I an send the computer out and they can get the settings correct where it runs fine?? Or should I just take it to a sponser? It would save me a ton of $$$ if I could do it myself. If there is a good place to send the computer let me know. Anyone else run into this also...? Or is the over my head...?
Old 06-29-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedo
Hi, if I have the knowledge to install a cam and valve springs, is there anyway I an send the computer out and they can get the settings correct where it runs fine?? Or should I just take it to a sponser? It would save me a ton of $$$ if I could do it myself. If there is a good place to send the computer let me know. Anyone else run into this also...? Or is the over my head...?
www.ls1howto.com.. JMX has an excellent write-up for F-Body cam and valve spring swaps.

However, the T-REX is a huge cam, and you'll need to do P/V clearance checks and all that good stuff.

Try doing a search for T-REX and I'm sure you'll find all of the information you're looking for.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that how to site is awesome....thanx for the info....wish I would have seen that 2 years ago....would of saved me at least 4 sleepless nights!