Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Smoke...

Old 06-30-2004, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blue Smoke...

Alright I've done a few searches on this and my problem is a little different. When at WOT my car does smoke, and pretty bad. Also, when i just rev the car up past about 4000 it will also smoke. The smoke is white with a little blue tint to it. I don't use much oil although i have had the low oil and coolant lights come on (i swear that coolant sensor is out of its mind). If it is indeed just coolant will i just need new head gaskets? And if oil is it just new piston rings? If worse comes to worse and it's both, how much money would i be looking at to get it fixed? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by m_donze
Alright I've done a few searches on this and my problem is a little different. When at WOT my car does smoke, and pretty bad. Also, when i just rev the car up past about 4000 it will also smoke. The smoke is white with a little blue tint to it. I don't use much oil although i have had the low oil and coolant lights come on (i swear that coolant sensor is out of its mind). If it is indeed just coolant will i just need new head gaskets? And if oil is it just new piston rings? If worse comes to worse and it's both, how much money would i be looking at to get it fixed? Thanks!

Sounds like every LS1 to me. LS1s LOVE LOVE LOVE oil!

Scott
Old 06-30-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by H b K l U n A
Sounds like every LS1 to me. LS1s LOVE LOVE LOVE oil!

Scott

I wouldn't say they love oil as I don't ever need to add oil even using Mobile 1 synthetic. I believe some cars have oil burning issues but it is not like everyone has the problem. So it could be an issue but it could be just a problem with you PCV system. I know alot of people have that problem and install a catch can and other parts to stop the consumption.

I had an issue with oil burning due to a flawed PCV system in my 1996 Cobra. It was pretty common but not everyone seemed to have the issue. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Search this Thread