Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

gotta love the feeling of GOOD bass

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking gotta love the feeling of GOOD bass

I usaully only pay attention to, and post in the power-development forums, but today, well I thought I would share in some of the joy that you guys are accostumed to.
I am used to good bass. I had a ranger before my z28 and it had a few subs ( 2 polk gxr 10inch) in it, and for such a small truck that was a lot of bass. BUt like many of you here, I opted for performance and power, versus sound quality and I got my Z28. I have no regrets, but even though I bought a camaro with the 500 watt monsoon 8 speaker system, I would only experience mild to decent bass for short periods of time, because I kept fryin my 6inch stock subs... WELL NO MORE.
As of today I officially have BASS!
I bought a hardly used JL 10W6 from my best friend, a Lightning Audio 2 channel 450 watt (when bridged) amp on sale at bestbuy ( I had a 50 gift card, so I couldnt resist!) It cranks out 150 rms bridged at 4 ohms, at 12 volts. BUT I charge at around 14, my JL is set up for 3 ohms, so I figure I am pushing about 200 rms to my sub. I know that many of you, have much more powerful systems than that, but I was stunned when I got in the car and turned it on for the first time. I LOVE HATCHBACKS!!!!

It is louder than my buddys dual 12 inch setup at 1000 watts rms in his tbird. I knew hatchbacks were louder, but i never thought they made that much of a difference!

Well, Im glad to finally have tons of speed, and tons of bass!
Old 07-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. Enjoy your bass.