New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment shot, almost blew belt!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment shot, almost blew belt!!

Check sig for wheel size. The roads around here suck and my alignment has been out of wack a little for some time. Today I was parallel parking into a spot when I heard a loud "pop" from the steering assembly. Turn the wheel the other way, another "pop". Then a nasty burning smell. Got the car parked and looked underneath. The friggin front sway bar is right up against the bottom of the main engine pulley and is burning the smaller of the two belts!! How f'ed up is that!! The camber and toe of the left front wheel is real screwed up. Now I can't drive the car until I find a place around me that can do alignments on 18" wheeled cars. This blows. I've been pondering the idea of changing the fronts to 17's due to the poor road conditions and harsh ride of my 18's, I guess this put me over the edge now. Just thought I'd share this experience with all you and tell you, keep an eye on your alignment.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the info. I will keep an eye on my aligment. You answered an aswer I have had when I plan on buying rims for my camaro should go with 17 or 18 and I have heard as you said 18 give a harsh ride and the best size for camaro are 17 so I think I will go with the 17 rim.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I'm throwing 17's on the front, but I'm going to keep the 18's in the rear.