PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple questions about Edit, please help guys.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions about Edit, please help guys.

Hey guys,

I'm learning how to use LS1edit, and It don't seem to user friendly as far as understanding how to use it and everything.

I just need to lean the engine out half a point or so, I don't want to go to far becuase I don't have autotap yet. What do I change, the main VE table, and if so by how much.

Also, you A4 guys that have been using it, how much to you change shift times and pressure.

And last thing I have to ask, why does it say the A4 shifts at 225 mph on some of the tables

Thanks alot guys.

Derek
Old 07-02-2004, 04:17 AM
TECH Regular

Let me answer in reverse...

The 254mph (or 225mph or whatever) on some of the shift tables means that shift is not allowed under those conditions.

Following the shift firmness example in the Edit manual is a start. If you have shift kit, don't get carried away. It should be safe to make small changes to your tranny programming and gauge the results by SOTP feel. If something sounds or feels bad after you make a change, undo it quickly.

I would not suggest attempting to lean out the engine or change the engine programming until you have some form of scanner to log engine parameters. Without knowing where you are starting, it is difficult to know which direction and how far to go...
Old 07-02-2004, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know the engine stays at a 12:1 AF ratio right now from the dyno. I would like to just put it at a 12.5 or so becuase like you said I don't want to lean it out to much.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone, TTT?
Old 07-02-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go with a local that knows his/her ****. Reprograms can be deadly if not done right.