New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First fbody kill

Old 07-03-2004, 01:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First fbody kill

I havent had my car too long so i havent seen to many races and i have never raced an fbody till 2night.

I was on my way home tonight after a dissapointing night of nobody racing because of all the cops. we get to the highway and this z28 blows past me like im sitting and im doing like 80. So i catch up hoping i can get a race. when i pull next to him he slows down to 70 and i start slowing down as soon as i get next to him he takes off, he gets about a half car in front of me before i can get on it and then i start catching up. i finally pass him and pull about a car and a half in front of him. i let off at that point , i was doing 145 and he just flys right past me. so i caught up w/ him again thinking he wouldnt race again but i got him to slow to 50. i dropped it into 2nd and this time he actually waits on me. We take off and i pull about 2 cars in front of him and let off expecting him to fly by again but he doesnt he pulls back up to me and says "thats a bad a$$ car man". Considering his fly by the 1st time i was surprised. Im not sure what year it was but im guessing it was an earlier year than mine considering i took him by that much w/ the same engine and the fact he has an m6. I do know it was a 98+ because my girlfriend was looking back and i asked her if his grill looked like mine and it did.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats
Old 07-03-2004, 05:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, first of all, there is a street racing and kill stories section down below

Secondly, i sometimes wonder how often someone says they were flown by when the other guy just didn't let off till they knew you had. If you are going 145mph ( racing side by side on a public road ) then in the time it takes the other guy to see that you have let off and then do it himself they are gong to cover a LOT of ground by then. That being said, I have yet to beat anyone by a fairly close margin who didnt continue past me

Lastly, nice kill, and I'm giopng to sign off now and go to bed before i read one more post and decide to go on things that should really be ......i had a LONG day!!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

well considering he never hit his brake lights were a pretty good indication he wanted to fly by. And im sure he new i was letting off because he could see my brake lights. then maybe i m wrong.

oh, it was late i wasnt thinking about the race racing section Im sure one of the mods can move it for me.

Last edited by Tiger2o69; 07-03-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

good kill

Search this Thread