Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ifr usage

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ifr usage

Do most people multiply the whole table when modifying the ifr? I did, and it works great for gettting negative ltfts, but then you are that more rich at wot. I have my pe multiplier at 1.15 and the 02s still show 945. Should i leave the ifr table stock in certain cells that are used for wot? I have a 98 TA M6 with LTs, ORY, lid, and HPTuner. Still using stock injectors.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

to the top
Old 07-05-2004, 06:00 PM
FormerVendor

yes but that would be kinda hard to do since hptuners is scaled by map and edit is scaled by rpm.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

If you go to the HPTuners forum a guy has made an excel spreadsheet, and part of it allows you to adjust your IFR based on your desired LTRIM adjustment percent.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I have it scaled to get them all negative, but my main question is about wot. I have my pe at 1.15 and my 02s were still 945. Adjusting the ifr really threw off the formula of a/f=14.7/pe. I'll probably end up going having to reduce my pe by like 85 percent or something.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by gameover
The thing to realise is the VE table is not a VE table in the traditional sense it is a cylinder airmass table.

After doing some thinking about this comment last night and taking into consideration gameover is an expert in this dept. I have come to the conclusion that LTFT's can be applied to the ve table. If the PCM is trying to maintain a 14.7:1 ratio that mean to me there is a certain amount of gas that needs to be shot to acheive this. If you have x amount of grams of air, you need x amount of gas entering the cylinder to acheive 14:1. The LTFTs show you how much you are off by based on the MAF, the o2s and all the other airmass algortihms used in calculating this. The IFR table to me is jsut like the maf table. If they are stock why mess with them. Since the ve table isnt a VE table but an airmass table, I think I am gonna use the LTFTs on the ve table and see what effects it has on the car.

Also using this method wont affect you PE vs RPM table because with the LTFTs you wouldve only mad changes where changes need to be made instead of applying a blanket fix.